Check your broadband speed in seconds!
Start the broadband speed test by clicking the start speed test under the dials. The broadband speed test will start measuring your Broadband's download speed and then your upload speed. You will also see your Ping time in milliseconds – the smaller the better.
Before beginning the test ensure:
1. Your computer is plugged into the broadband line to be tested. The tester will not be accurate using wi-fi on iPads/Tablets, smartphones or other mobile devices.
2. Your computer is directly connected to your modem/router via an Ethernet Connection (i.e. not via a wireless or powerline adapters).
3. Any wireless adapter in your computer is switched off.
4. Close any programs that may be running on your computer. This includes any background programs such as anti-virus software, corporate VPNs, peer2peer clients etc. (Please ensure you re-enable any anti-virus software after you have finished testing).
5. Ensure no other people or devices (e.g. broadband-connected TV set-top boxes) are using the broadband line to be tested.
What must be installed to use Broadband speed checker?
Why the download or upload test does not work?
If you have a firewall or antivirus software installed that is not configured properly, then speed checker may not work correctly. Try to disable the firewall / antivirus when you are running the speed checker. After the test has been completed do not forget to turn it back on so you stay protected.
What might affect my speed test?
Any applications running on your PC can affect the speed, so you should disable temporarily:
email checking software
instant messenger or other chat software
any other downloading
How does the speed checker work?
Our speed checker downloads a file from the server and measures how long your connection takes to download it. The size of the file will be different according to your line speed.
How accurate is the speed checker?
We have tried to build the speed checker as accurate as possible but there are several factors that can affect the test. The speed checker measures the speed at the time of the test so if your network is running slow at that time then speed checker will report a slow speed. This does not necessarily mean that your internet connection is slow at the other times.
How long it takes the speed checker to complete?
About 20 seconds.